REAR WAGON FRAME HELP!! PLEASE!! Swap from camino?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nozer

Greasemonkey
May 7, 2011
Macedon , NY
Just found out My rear rails are shot on my 79 bu wagon all the way to the front of the rear tire. :wtf: . was thinking about just swapping the frame . Question i have is is it possible to swap a 79 camino frame into a 79 wagon? i have access to a super solid camino frame for cheap.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Here's Conrad's site to at least give you an idea of what's available as far as options go. If your frame is shot past that point, either a frame change or back halving it might be the way to go.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/conradlozier/

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
The Camino and Wagon share the same rear frame body mounts . As far as length of the frame, Wagon and Camino are both longer than the coupe and 4-door. And as the other guy said- make a quick e-mail to Conrad. He has the knowledge for sure.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
nawlins-tim said:
The Camino and Wagon share the same rear frame body mounts . As far as length of the frame, Wagon and Camino are both longer than the coupe and 4-door. And as the other guy said- make a quick e-mail to Conrad. He has the knowledge for sure.

Not quite correct...sedans, coupes, wagons are all the same wheelbase. Coupes and sedans share the same frame. Wagons are different at the rear mounts.

If you're going to do it right, the frame will have to come out to weld it, so while replacement sections can be done, a swap seems like a better idea to me (assuming a suitable donor can be found).

Seems like every time somebody starts asking about a frame, they never have their location in their profile. Makes it easier to know if a person might be able to help with a spare frame if we knew where you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor