Rear Window Chrome Monte 1981 Cutlass 1981

Status
Not open for further replies.

442kid

Apprentice
Nov 24, 2007
Stoney Creek Ontario Canada
Does anybody know if the rear window trim and filler metal plate from 1981-87 olds cutlass 2 door with no vinyl roof is the exact same parts (interchangeable) as used on early to mid 80's monte carlo 2 door non vinyl roof? I was told the vertical pieces might be longer on monte? I am cutlass guy but have someone wanting the parts for a '81 monte if they are correct. Thx

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
The filler piece is different and will not work.

Your friend that told you the vertical pieces are too short is correct.

The Cutlass uses trim around the whole window, while the Monte doesn't have trim along the bottom.
The vertical trim on the Monte is longer to slip under the filler panel.
The vertical trim on the Cutlass is trimmed to slide into the lower trim pieces.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Blake442 said:
The Cutlass uses trim around the whole window, while the Monte doesn't have trim along the bottom.
The vertical trim on the Monte is longer to slip under the filler panel.

Blake this is not completely correct, my 81 Monte that still has the original paint, has the window trim all the way around. Later years Montes did have the trim like you are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor