EL CAMINO REAR WINDOW MOLDING CLIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Compton

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2010
We took the rear window moldings off our 78 GMC Cabellero to check for rust. In the molding removal three of the clip studs broke off. Drilling little holes for screws to attach the clips looks like a good way to break the window. Does anyone have a good way to attach the clips with epoxy that will hold or any other method of attaching the clips?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I would think they broke for a reason, like bad metal in that area. I would pull or have someone professional pull the window and check/clean up the entire window track real good. Then do whatever needs done. Do it right, and you only do it once.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
Sorry to change topics but how did you get the window out without breaking it? Mine is leaking and I will probably just have it resealed. I'm afraid to have it removed and cracking it.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Sorry to change topics but how did you get the window out without breaking it? Mine is leaking and I will probably just have it resealed. I'm afraid to have it removed and cracking it.
As I said between leaking and clips coming off, I suspect bad metal track. Have a pro remove it.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor