Rear window seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Like most of us, you're SOL when it comes to finding the tailgate to hatch horizontal seal.
They're no longer available, probably for more than a decade. Your only hope is finding a good used one, clean it and preserve it with a good rubber protector.
Fortunately, I found a good used one at the junkyard years ago...and it's currently on my car.

Last edited:

ssbrewskyaz

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2010
New River, Arizona
Hi All,

Listen, I don't say this to boast, and I'm typically not that lucky, but I just bought an NOS upper tailgate seal from eBay. This is the one that runs horizontal along the top of the tailgate where the lift glass seals against.

Let me tell you up front, there's no skill involved in these acquisitions, it's all patients and persistence, having the funds helps too. I've been looking for a year now and finally scored. I'm embarrassed to say what I paid for it, no, not what you're thinking at all. I gave $35.00 for it new in the box. Yes, I practically wet myself when it came up on my search.

For me, half the fun of restoration is finding the parts. I suppose that depends if you're driving the car regularly that you're restoring. I am not so I'm in no hurry. Can be frustrating at times too. Don't give up, scour the internet. I guarantee I didn't buy the last one in existence.

Stay Thirsty my Friends.

Scott. ...

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Scott,
You scored well, my friend. Patience and persistence obviously paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor