Rear windows on the 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i know the factory didnt make the 4 door cutlass' with operable rear door windows. and the wing windows do work. i was wanting to know if there is a kit or a mod i can do or somethin?

Lowrider1984

Apprentice
Jan 18, 2010
That 4 door guy said:
i know the factory didnt make the 4 door cutlass' with operable rear door windows. and the wing windows do work. i was wanting to know if there is a kit or a mod i can do or somethin?

I don't think so I have the same car and I also wanted to do the same and by the way do u know what a bare frame weigh's and on a cutlass?

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i dont know that answer.

81 9C1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 30, 2010
Even if they would go down, due to the shape of the door and the dog leg on the front of the 1/4 panel, the window can only go down about 8 inches.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
well i would still like to do it. its just a one-off type thing. it just bugs me that it wasnt a option. i have no problem with anything else on the car, even tho its a 4 door, except the back windows. so even if it does roll down only 8 in, what do i gotta do to accomplish this task?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
X2, there are no kits available to make them go down.

8 inches is generous, I doubt they'd be able to go down more than 4 or 5 inches.

There is also no inner door structure to mount a window regulator to.

Time to fix your A/C...

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
haha :rofl: my A/C is in top working order. i just wanted to do this for the haha i got it and you dont effect

supercrackerbox

Master Mechanic
Dec 29, 2008
Lincoln NE
Then I would suggest getting some extra front doors from a donor car and seeing what you can adapt. Bear in mind that not only do your rear doors have any sort of track mechanisms, there is probably no provisions in the glass itself to mount anything to it. You'll probably have trouble with the seals too, as the ones currently on the car are for fixed glass, not movable.

Best of luck.

That 4 door guy

Master Mechanic
Feb 4, 2010
937 Dayton, Ohio
i mean i know i will more than likely get mad at this project and spend some hours on this. but like i said, its just for the wow factor. so all in all thanx for the tips and support guys.

billyjack

Master Mechanic
Mar 27, 2009
Western PA
G-sedans had optional Power rear vent windows, since the rear door windows were fixed. Considering the huge amount of engineering to fit operable rear windows in a vehicle that was never set up for anything but fixed glass, I'd fit the power vents for a little bit of "wow" factor.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor