Rearend question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
Found a loaded 79 grand prix (pont. 350, moonroof, full guages) what the chance of rearend being a good one? Has rear sway bar will this fit?

I can get whole thing for $50 so hope it will fit.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
zerex said:
Found a loaded 79 grand prix (pont. 350, moonroof, full guages) what the chance of rearend being a good one? Has rear sway bar will this fit?

I can get whole thing for $50 so hope it will fit.

should be your typical highway gearred 7.5" peg leg found in all the other non-performance G-bodies (i.e. 442 or GN). The sway bar, you will need the brackets that fit inside of the control arms (if you don't ahve them) and you may have to drill the holes, but yes the rear sway bar will fit

zerex

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 27, 2006
Think I will just grab the sway bar anyways and all the brackets. I have a posi in mine so figured might as well try to break it first(and yes I am going to try to break it) :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor