Rearview mirror with map lights wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So I bought a pair of rearview mirrors with map lights one has 2 wires the other has a 3 wires, I wired black to ground and blue with white stripe to positive just to see if the lights work, there is also a light gray wire does this go to the courtesy light circuit or does this thing get wired some other way.
Currently just bench testing these.

thumbnail (4).jpg

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Just a guess, gray is the color for the dash illumination, likely dims (day/night function) the mirror when you turn the lights on.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Just a guess, gray is the color for the dash illumination, likely dims (day/night function) the mirror when you turn the lights on.
The day/night function is manual

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
So I bought a pair of rearview mirrors with map lights one has 2 wires the other has a 3 wires, I wired black to ground and blue with white stripe to positive just to see if the lights work, there is also a light gray wire does this go to the courtesy light circuit or does this thing get wired some other way.
Currently just bench testing these.

View attachment 213753
Have to ask what donated it. Gray (Cir 157, pin 1) is Interior Lamp Contol, Dark Blue/White (Cir 149, pin 6) is Courtesy Lamp Supply Voltage, Black (Cir 750, pin 8) is Ground. Circuit/pin numbers from info I got for my HHR mirror with map & courtesy lights, temp, auto dim.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have to ask what donated it. Gray (Cir 157, pin 1) is Interior Lamp Contol, Dark Blue/White (Cir 149, pin 6) is Courtesy Lamp Supply Voltage, Black (Cir 750, pin 8) is Ground. Circuit/pin numbers from info I got for my HHR mirror with map & courtesy lights, temp, auto dim.
The three wire was from an HHR I think the other was from maybe a Malibu

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
The three wire was from an HHR I think the other was from maybe a Malibu
So you know, it should be the gray tapped into the orange (circuit 40) & dark blue/white tapped into the white (circuit 156). Black I've grounded up near the roof using one of the screw holes for the pre-stamped openning for the power roof switch.

Reactions: 2 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

old80cs

G-Body Guru
Jun 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Here is the plug on mine
View attachment 213783
I just put that exact mirror in my '80 Cutlass, however, mine came out of an '07 (?) Impala and had 4 wires into the plug. A Green, Orange, White and Black wires. The green was cut as the pin went to an empty spot on the mirror itself. The others were bench checked and the black wire was ground and the other two were isolated, left side bulb and right side bulb.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor