Reasonable Price for Front Facia?

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
The fiberglass front facia/ nose on my 78' Malibu is smashed so I'm going to go to my local JK and grab a Malibu/ El Camino front end. They had a few in pretty good shape last time I was there. What do you all think would be a reasonable price range for something like that?I have all the trim and grille, just need the fiberglass bit.
I'm in AZ if that matters at all.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
The fiberglass front facia/ nose on my 78' Malibu is smashed so I'm going to go to my local JK and grab a Malibu/ El Camino front end. They had a few in pretty good shape last time I was there. What do you all think would be a reasonable price range for something like that?I have all the trim and grille, just need the fiberglass bit.
I'm in AZ if that matters at all.
Usually the price isn't much higher to buy it 'loaded' with everything attached - grille, trim, lights, fillers, etc.

Then you can sell the extra bits off to offset your cost.

Depending on the yard, a pull-a-part should be around $125-150 loaded. A traditional full-service yard may want closer to $250-350.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You'll need 78 or 79. 80/81 takes different parts, as does (obviously) the 82+ 4 lamp header

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
I've only seen three or four '78-'79 header panels, in worthwhile shape, in twenty years of yarding in Albuquerque, El Paso, and Tucson. Maybe things ARE diffferent out in AZ. The borderland cars here are usually so beat up, by the time they hit the yards. A few exceptions, mostly large boats that were elderly owned. I have two of those, header panels, in my possession. Will offer a price break for in person pick up in Las Cruces NM.

Attachments

• 100_7398.JPG
    100_7398.JPG
    407.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCN0002.JPG
    DSCN0002.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 53
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor