Rebuilding OLDSPOWER.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
You heard right. I was able to acquire the OLDSPOWER.COM domain name and I want to bring it back from the dead.

I know several of you on this site were also members there, so I'd love to hear your input as far as what should/shouldn't happen with it. What you liked about it before, what you hated, what it was missing, etc. Should it even happen at all?

So far nobody's been able to surface a backup database of the old site. If anyone comes across one in the next few days, I'll put a statue of you up in my town square and create a holiday in your name.

There are several pages up on web.archive.org from 2015, which looks like just before it vanished. I'll use that as sort of a starting point, the rough forum structure, etc. I don't use VBulletin, never have, so I will most likely put it up on XenForo (just like here) ....

If you know anyone who was a member there and would be interested in resurrecting it, re-writing the tech articles, etc. let them know its happening.

It will take a few days for me to actually get access to it (just how the whole expired domain drop thing works) but I will post status updates in this thread as well.

Am I crazy? Yeah probably. I don't expect it to be the same as it was before, or like things are here.... but I know a lot of people were sad that it went away, and I'd love to put it back in service again. If not exactly the same then different and hopefully better.

Fire away.

Reactions: 6 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
GP403: "Soooo...... Who's in? Seriously I want to bring this back from the dead. "
1538521637453.png

1538521845388.png

Reactions: 3 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Bro, do as you want. I don't get this Forum Acquisition run, but you do you. I belong to 3(now 4) forums. It should go without saying that I spend my time where the discussion is entertaining or fruitful. I don't do Facebook, and only signed up on the 80'z forum to give the boost you requested.
G BodyForum is the best car guy site going. Be humble that you made it happen. Love ya, babe!

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: 7 users

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
And thanks! I've been after this one since I first heard of its demise. I fully don't expect them all to stick. If people want this one back then I'll run with it. If they don't, then I figure out something else. Just what I do from time to time.

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Make it the opposite of realoldspower and I’m in,I haven’t rejoined that group because of the people there

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Make it the opposite of realoldspower and I’m in,I haven’t rejoined that group because of the people there
ROP now has ignore and for features where you won't see characters you don't like.
Fact is: ya wanna build a fast rocket? Most of the recipes are on realoldspower.com

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
ROP now has ignore and for features where you won't see characters you don't like.
Fact is: ya wanna build a fast rocket? Most of the recipes are on realoldspower.com
Ya I figured the updated it some this last time I just get sick of the fighting and the way some of them treat new people their there to learn and get treated like crap

foxtrot

Royal Smart Person
Dec 19, 2008
USA
true with regards to the build recipes over at rop. Dr Dan's 403 recipe is/was the coolest low-buck build in my mind..

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor