Rebuilt Carburetors

Status
Not open for further replies.

timo22

G-Body Guru
Sep 10, 2012
St. Louis,Mo
Like a lot of guys here, I deleted the computer system on my Bonneville. I switched over the distributor but due to finances had to delay getting a non computer carb.
Well after trying to get my best deal , I stumbled across National Carburetors in Florida. The guy even let me send a hot air choke carb as a core.(Even though I was buying an electric choke carb). Put it on my Bonny and went from 12-13 MPG to 17-18 MPG without a hiccup in over a year.
So I just bought another one from them for my El Camino. As expected , the carb looked better than brand new and works flawlessly. These carbs go for 199.00 plus a 50.00 core and are warranted for two years. So anybody needing a rebuilt carb for their street car, these are the guys!

timo22
BTW , I forgot to mention ,idles great, accelerates crisply , and definitely more power.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
$229 for an E4ME.

For me, it's going to be these guys or sending my spare to everyday performance... but hes a a hundred bucks more.

-Gonz

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Like a lot of guys here, I deleted the computer system on my Bonneville. I switched over the distributor but due to finances had to delay getting a non computer carb.
Well after trying to get my best deal , I stumbled across National Carburetors in Florida. The guy even let me send a hot air choke carb as a core.(Even though I was buying an electric choke carb). Put it on my Bonny and went from 12-13 MPG to 17-18 MPG without a hiccup in over a year.
So I just bought another one from them for my El Camino. As expected , the carb looked better than brand new and works flawlessly. These carbs go for 199.00 plus a 50.00 core and are warranted for two years. So anybody needing a rebuilt carb for their street car, these are the guys!

timo22
BTW , I forgot to mention ,idles great, accelerates crisply , and definitely more power.
Great to know!! Thanks for sharing this information!!

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I had great service out of the Mountain Man carb I put on my old Bonneville as well

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
I bought a surplus UREMCO off Ebay for $100 delivered to my door, still in the original "factory" shrink wrap. Had to take it all apart and redo all the adjustments, about half of which were wrong. Also, one of the screw holes for the front vacuum break mounting bracket had been stripped, filled and then re-tapped way off center, so the bracket sat crooked and I had to grind it out to get it to align properly. All in all a real bargain! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor