Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Reactions: 1 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Lol, where you been hiding? Been seeing them numbers when looking around since last fall. Look long enough you'll find one per year that $5000 or under. It's insane!!

Seems everyone here has decided that the G-bodies have it the market.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Last edited:

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Well, Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Popular Hot Rodding have been trying to get everyone on on board with them as a cheap performance platform for years. Not surprising that others are seeing this with the support we have started to get in replacement parts as of late. Here in Texas a semi-complete, sun baked, no drivetrain Malibu is starting around $2K as are other G-bodies. A clean, stock, complete, running/driving car? $7K to start.....

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Thanks, I did see that - and the glob of Bondo over the DS A-pillar.

I thought that was just a problem with the picture....for stuff like that they should give a close up picture of the area at least

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Well, Hot Rod, Car Craft, and Popular Hot Rodding have been trying to get everyone on on board with them as a cheap performance platform for years. Not surprising that others are seeing this with the support we have started to get in replacement parts as of late. Here in Texas a semi-complete, sun baked, no drivetrain Malibu is starting around $2K as are other G-bodies. A clean, stock, complete, running/driving car? $7K to start.....

I agree with your points, makes me wonder what the deal is with this one, as it's been on CL off and on for over a year. I am tempted, but really don't need another project

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/1979-chevrolet-malibu-2-door/6497759654.html

00K0K_4WY2KYGbkMv_600x450.jpg

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Supply and demand. It is a bit of a shock, but these cars were bound to start going up in price sooner or later. And to think, I tried selling my '80 factory V8/4 speed Malibu less than a year ago, along with a big pile of parts for it for $9,000, and you could just about hear the crickets chirping. Glad I decided to keep it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor