Recent upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Yeah I agree here too. I Do what makes me happy, and don’t dump on other people’s rides. My 85 442 looks almost all stock on the exterior, but underneath has most of the tech upgrades, EFI, Bluetooth, usb, all LED lighting, etc. AC still works of course and has some slight upgrades.

My younger boys are starting to get into cars, but it’s hard getting them into “older” GMs...not because they don’t like the cars, but a lot of the old timers who dump on anything new turns them off to the hobby. And I agree, at car shows, Internet forums, etc, a lot of these guys attitudes turn me off too haha. And older guy (older than me) was trashing Grand Nationals the other day because they “couldn’t hold a candle” to his 67 Chevelle or whatever.
Yeah we have that here a lot, but then have the young one's who only want imports so it spawned its own devil child. I used to get a lot of hate for my GTO from the old guys because it wasn't the real thing to them, but when I would tell them that the Monaro was made over there and was similar when GM cut the GTO then it evolved to this they usually didn't know what else to say other than they thought their old GTO would put it on mine. They have since learned most times that isn't the case

Reactions: 1 users

corvettez06

Apprentice
Oct 6, 2017
Well its been a while since I updated this. This will be an interesting winter. I have made the move to forced induction. The trans will also be upgraded over the winter. I fore see this car being an absolute blast to drive .

Attachments

• download_20211206_111000.jpg
    download_20211206_111000.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 88
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
What was in it previously?

Sticking stock pulleys?

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Trans will be w stage 4 4L60, motor is a LQ4 with milled heads and a decent cam.
I’d recommend reconsidering the Stage____anything_60E. A stock 80E will last forever behind an LSA 6.0.

corvettez06

Apprentice
Oct 6, 2017
I’d recommend reconsidering the Stage____anything_60E. A stock 80E will last forever behind an LSA 6.0.
The trans going in has spent the last year behind a 700+ rwhp 57 chevy with zero issues, i think it will hold up.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The trans going in has spent the last year behind a 700+ rwhp 57 chevy with zero issues, i think it will hold up.
Only offering an opinion, and I know what that’s worth lol.

Anxious to see it all together. Is this a street only deal or do you plan to take it tothe strip some?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
And in that year its useful life has been used up 😮. I wish you the best but usually even “built” 60E’s fail miserably. You can’t always fix small diameter input shafts and weak internals with metallurgy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor