Rechrome plastic parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Anyone ever rechromed any of the plastic trim or interior parts? i seem the chrome spray online that looks just like chrome. Im wanting to rechrome my headlight bezels and my grille on my malibu. Just figured id ask here if anyone has done it yet?

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I had my grilles and modified headlight bezels redone in spray chrome by a guy local to me.
It's not cheap, but it is less expensive than having actual chrome done.

It's not chrome, but from 2 feet away, you wouldn't be able to tell.

Iphone pictures 0177.jpg

Iphone pictures 0176.jpg

Iphone pictures 0175.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Alsa Corp (www.alsacorp.com) is a company to check out. They have a spray can system (I was going to try it but I let the cans expired before I got to it.) I had samples at the old job which looked good & kept a good shine with alot of customers playing with them.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

jiho

Royal Smart Person
Jul 26, 2013
Original pieces were somehow plated at the factory with some kind of aluminum dust. I forget the details. This is undoubtedly what Rktpwrd had done. Shops can still be found that do this in Canada, but here is the US the process is frowned upon for health reasons (or maybe "idiot reasons" :p).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor