Red led's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
I ran a search on the forum but can't seem to find any pics of instrument clusters with red led's. Anybody have a pic of original 80s El Camino instrument cluster with red led's? Here is a pic of the lights I ordered. Are they correct? Thank yal God bless.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180330-235010.png
    Screenshot_20180330-235010.png
    597.8 KB · Views: 162

RegalBegal

G-Body Guru
Jul 10, 2009
Goldsboro, NC
I have those in my Regal. I have aftermeaket gauges though. Can't seem to find a pic. I'll snap one later for you when its dark.

Reactions: 1 user

RustBucket

Greasemonkey
Feb 8, 2018
Houston, TX
That looks cool! I wonder what the factory gauges will look like. I'm thinking it might not be good enough because they use the light reflecting from behind and not see thru gauges like yours. But yours looks cool.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
The problem with red dash lights is they are very hard to see when you have oncoming traffic, like on a two lane road. If your eyes see bright white light, they take a long time to adjust to red light. Red light is supposed to keep more of your "night vision", but the first oncoming car ruins any "night vision" you had.

My '86 Mustang had red dash lights and sometimes I could not read the speedo, staring right at it... and that was with 23 years old eyes. I'm sure it would be even harder with 53 year old eyes.

Car MFG's went away from red dash lights in the late 80's because of complaints.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor