Red vs Blue Lock-tite

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
So this is why you got deported, "borrowing" super secret airplane glue. :rofl:
Ah just a little Loctite. I knew a guy who allegedly painted his entire 73 Duster with gray radar absorbing paint liberated from Grumman, Everything but the glass, tires and lights. I believe that probably would have gotten him deported to Leavenworth, Kansas. If they had ever checked the lunchboxes of the guys building the F14's on their way out, I believe they all would have been up sh*t's creek.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So will the blue "wick" up the threads and soak into an already tight nut or bolt? I never tried that. But if it does that would be fantastic!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ah just a little Loctite. I knew a guy who allegedly painted his entire 73 Duster with gray radar absorbing paint liberated from Grumman, Everything but the glass, tires and lights. I believe that probably would have gotten him deported to Leavenworth, Kansas. If they had ever checked the lunchboxes of the guys building the F14's on their way out, I believe they all would have been up sh*t's creek.

I worked on the F18 nose assembly, I borrowed some of that grey radar absorbing paint and used that on my 74 Grand Prix as a primer. The only problem was the GP had a huge metal grill and bumper so it didn't help but my radar detector did

01.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
So the "wicking grade" is a different part number? The chart implied it was just the "blue". EDIT: Yup- it would be 220 for Blue/Wicking Grade/Medium Strength. Good to know- that chart is great.

Last edited:

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
I like the ""chapstick" paste version of the blue threadlocker, it seems to me many of the blue versions are very thin and tend to run off before assembly. The red is a bit thicker and tends to stay where you put it. We use a lot of red on drilling equipment which tends to shake itself apart despite the best efforts to threadlock, nordlock, safety wire and torque fasteners.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor