Reduced Height Body Bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Has anyone used a set to have any feedback?

I get the concept, already thinking of what would be a clearance issue..

Reactions: 1 user

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
I've heard of them, but didn't know anyone was selling them. Biggest issues would be bumpers, and possibly the transmission tunnel.

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
There are too many things on a car to move the frame to a new location. I'd skip reduced height but solid mounts is a great move towards reducing chassis flex.

These full frame cars are the last of it's kind for the simple reason, it is not a better way to build a car.
Dodges were unibody from at least the 60's. Some Fords, the GM adopted them in the 80's. Not every car built is a unibody.

Solid mount is a move the same direction.

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
I think it around 2006-07 (i think) i swapped in stock height solids into my 84 olds. That was a huge improvement on how much firmer the car felt. Back then I broke the internet when I announced the swap on the boards. Street driven solid body mount gbody cars were going to break into pieces.... lol

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I'm looking into the solid mount for sure, seems like the stock height will be the way to go, keeps everything in place. GM had the Fbody in 1967 as a unibody.
GM first dabbled with unibodies in 1960 with the Corvair lineup. The Chevy II (1962-79) and F-cars (1967-81) were not true unibodies, with the detachable front structures at the cowl. F cars became true unitized construction for 1982

Reactions: 1 user

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
That is true, I forgot about the Corvair. Not a very popular car and it was a bit of a failure.
Camaro's and Nova's are only unibody in the rear.

As much as I like my G body GN. A full frame is not a better way to build a car and that is why GM gave up on them. I do hope that trucks will never give it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor