Regal hood, cowl or turbo hood

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmaher11

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 14, 2014
I'm going through my '86 regal, right now I'm stripping it down for paint. And before I get it painted I need to decide what hood I like. I'm like a girl buying shoes. I'm leaning towards the gbodyparts steel 2" cowl hood mainly because it's the only one I have found that the scoop starts at the beginning on the hood. I also like the turbo hood but I don't know if there will be enough clearance for an Olds 403 with a Holley street dominator intake manifold with a Holley 750dp and a 14" air cleaner. Any pics and insight on the subject will be appreciated.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I myself wanted a fiberglass cowl hood for my Regal and also considered the Gbodyparts steel hood but since they have to be shipped to a business address I would have to have it shipped to my work and I am always on the road so I would have to rely on our totally clueless receiving guy at work (who only knows where the gas and ignition key goes) to inspect it for damage and once he signs off on it if there is damage I am screwed.
So because I do need a little more hood clearance I decided to just buy a bolt on fiberglass scoop instead plus my hood is in excellent condition so I will make it functional and go this route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor