BUICK Regal Info

gnvair

Royal Smart Person
Sep 1, 2018
Southern New Jersey near Philly
GM did in fact have Assembly Manuals exactly like that in the 60's and probably well into the 70's, They were for Fisher Body and showed all the assembly steps of pretty much everything that Fisher was responsible for including any accessory add on's. Each page featured part numbers of items, any locations that require lubricant as well as type of lubricant and torque specifications. I have them for my Corvairs and they had come in very handy over the years when putting things back the way they are supposed to be. I have been on a look out for the same manual for my 78 Malibu. I am sure I will eventually find one.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I want to say that I remember the Hawk edition (or I'm confusing it with a Nighthawk m/c or a Skyhawk), but NEVER the Monday Night Special. Any evidence other than what could have happened on the assembly line?
Old a nuff to remember alot of cars back then even the Monza Spyder,1978 Richard Petty Roadrunner I think it was called that but Monday Night Special new to me. Was it ever made not sure, would like to see a picture of it.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
GM did in fact have Assembly Manuals exactly like that in the 60's and probably well into the 70's, They were for Fisher Body and showed all the assembly steps of pretty much everything that Fisher was responsible for including any accessory add on's. Each page featured part numbers of items, any locations that require lubricant as well as type of lubricant and torque specifications. I have them for my Corvairs and they had come in very handy over the years when putting things back the way they are supposed to be. I have been on a look out for the same manual for my 78 Malibu. I am sure I will eventually find one.
Eventually I will start a thread on the Malibu , I just need to finish a small project I started. Illustration is 1978
20190228_184935.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I want to say that I remember the Hawk edition (or I'm confusing it with a Nighthawk m/c or a Skyhawk), but NEVER the Monday Night Special. Any evidence other than what could have happened on the assembly line?
The " Hawk " was a logo that was fender-mounted on the 78-79 Buick Century Turbo Coupe. I also, have never heard of the Monday Night Special. That must be 1 rare MF'r

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
Reactions: 1 users

Rocknrod

All Around Good Egg
Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2024
What is a "NPN book"? (new guy).

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor