REGAL Regal Limited Dash Plaque Light

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
At night (that I can see, or it comes on with headlights/parking lights), it will sometimes never come on, other times it will come on and off, other times it will stay on for a few minutes, stay off for a few minutes, etc.
It looks cool, it used to be on all the time with the headlights on.

Loose wire? Dirty connection? Is there a daylight sensor somewhere?

Any input is appreciated.

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
Your dash panel has 2 GE1815 bulbs and I believe an invertor (120v) somewhere behind the glove box. I'd look at that first. They are known to take a sh*t.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
There are two styles. one uses 2 auto bulbs. The other style uses an ac inverter. Its a sealed unit and there are no bulbs that can be replaced. I attached a pic that shows the inverter. It only lights up when headlights are on. I sold a car that had the ac inverter type and it was hit or miss when it would turn on.
IMG_0677 (002).JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor