BUILD THREAD Regal wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Well I had a few hours today so I started on the 83 coupe nose swap with the turbo hood I won't get back to this project till late fall early winter but wanted to see how it's going look
20190922_120850.jpg
20190922_120900.jpg
20190922_120948.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Can you use Regal fenders on a moredoor?
You would have a big gap where door meets fender. I guess you could do the same for a coupe fender and ad to the rear door gap off the wagon fender. Well I'll see what is the better option

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
There was a guy that was on the forum whom I had the pleasure of meeting a few years back. He redid his Buick Regal or Century wagon using the Regal coupe header panel and I believe he grafted the pieces onto his fenders, or modified the Regal fenders to line up with the doors, etc. on the wagon. I can't recall. Unfortunately, I didn't take notes and no longer have his information. I'll have to see if I can find his information somewhere.
His wagon came out absolutely beautiful when it was all done.

Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I found the car.
buick-regal-gbody-station-wagon.jpg

I found the car, I hope it provides you some inspiration.
I think he modified the rear portion(s) of the fenders if I'm not mistaken.
I'm guessing he also had to replace the hood to fit the contour of the header panel and fenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
I'm thinking he added to the front like I want to you can see in the pic that the bottom of the fender has a curve up to bumper filler. Very nice car was on ebay few times in the last few years.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I'm thinking he added to the front like I want to you can see in the pic that the bottom of the fender has a curve up to bumper filler. Very nice car was on ebay few times in the last few years.
Yeah, I've seen the car for sale over the years. I'm thinking he did use the complete frontend from a Regal. I'm trying to recall our conversation as to how he did the transformation. I think he did use the complete fenders and reshaped the rear lines. Again, this was a number of years ago and my memory isn't quite as sharp as it used to be.

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good find! That answers our questions and confirms how he did it. (y) Yes, that's the right car and the guy.

Reactions: 1 user

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Ok cool
I will be taking notes and pics as my buddy will be teaching me how to do this he's a paint and body guy I just don't want him to do it and enjoy doin it. Yes he still enjoys doing body work especially custom stuff like this.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor