Regal with a Canadian Bumper - for sale in Pittsburgh area

Status
Not open for further replies.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
We are looking at an '86 Regal in the Pittsburgh area (5 hours away). It was listed on FB Marketplace, and as usual, the seller seems....ummh...different.

The photos show the car in primer (looks better than 'OK'), but no bumpers and/or bumper fillers in the pictures. After struggling to get a call from the guy, he says it has 'Regal Canadian' front bumper that doesn't include a metal bumper nor bumper frame. I'm ignorant of this, but sounded somewhat odd, so I'm asking the community here what does he mean and/or what is supposed to be there. When I asked what bolts onto the frame ends I didn't receive a response that I could understand. I asked for photos, and he said he would send them to me if I reminded him later to send them to me (??), which seemed kinda odd as we had made a plan to be there by 3 to pick it up. This conversation with the seller put me on to the scam alert and possibly a 12hour piece of my life wasted. Also, no pics of the bumpers are included in the listing or in the group of photos he sent to me, again, stands out as a probable issue.

If anyone in the Pittsburgh area wants to check this out for me, then I'm interested and I'll pay for your time.

FWIW, I have never been able to grasp why it is demanding to get a hold of someone that is trying to sell something.

Jim

Reactions: 2 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
We are looking at an '86 Regal in the Pittsburgh area (5 hours away). It was listed on FB Marketplace, and as usual, the seller seems....ummh...different.

The photos show the car in primer (looks better than 'OK'), but no bumpers and/or bumper fillers in the pictures. After struggling to get a call from the guy, he says it has 'Regal Canadian' front bumper that doesn't include a metal bumper nor bumper frame. I'm ignorant of this, but sounded somewhat odd, so I'm asking the community here what does he mean and/or what is supposed to be there. When I asked what bolts onto the frame ends I didn't receive a response that I could understand. I asked for photos, and he said he would send them to me if I reminded him later to send them to me (??), which seemed kinda odd as we had made a plan to be there by 3 to pick it up. This conversation with the seller put me on to the scam alert and possibly a 12hour piece of my life wasted. Also, no pics of the bumpers are included in the listing or in the group of photos he sent to me, again, stands out as a probable issue.

If anyone in the Pittsburgh area wants to check this out for me, then I'm interested and I'll pay for your time.

FWIW, I have never been able to grasp why it is demanding to get a hold of someone that is trying to sell something.

Jim
I hope one of our friends in the Pittsburgh area can help you out. This deal sounds pretty flaky. I'd hate to see you drive all that way only to be disappointed.

The Canadian bumper sounds like a seller's invention to me, but I'm certainly no expert on that subject. It sounds sort of like the factoy big block MCSS four speed car with a "factory fan clutch."

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Canadian Regal front bumper , that's a new one for sure.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I thought the export bumper braces were aluminum.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For just a roller that seems expensive for what I see and there is a lot that I don't see.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Might be a relative of the guy who was selling the "factory with documents to back it" '80's GS Regal that I saw back in the mid '90's. Maybe it has the factory gas 350 that most of the G's for sale back in the day.
Check to see where in the Pittsburgh area it is, that will explain alot & push you away from it.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
By comparison I was going to look at this 82 ' T-Type clone roller Sat morning, it was posted Friday night but was already sold and has a 8.5 rear.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Welcome to 2020.

As far as the car and bumpers, i don't think its a scam. A scam indicates he's trying to screw you. I think your dealing with a der, a duh or a dolt. Either one are dangerous and will mentally pummel you.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor