Regrets watch Barett-Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
So l don't really follow Barett-Jackson but l got a buddy l grew up with is religious about watching it. So every time he see a car that one of us own at some point he will text me the price it went for!

My point is if l knew what they would be worth in 30 plus years l'd be a millionaire!!

Now he was a Mopar fan, me a Chevy guy. Between US we had some nice cars. I myself had a 68 camaro SS, 64,68,69 Chevelles, 73 Trans Am, and he was into the 68,69 chargers and roadrunner.

Now all them Cars are over $100 Grand going threw Barett-Jackson. Just WOW!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i feel your pain as a former 69 hurst/olds owner.

• Agree

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
My only regret is not having enough money to buy anything crossing the block but . . . details!

Not the place to go to get a deal on anything anyway . . .

But I watch some just to see the great cars.

I am somewhat heartened that people are starting to appreciate resto-mods in some cases more than the all originals.

Somewhat frustrating when you make a car better in every single way to the way it was from the factory . . . and it goes DOWN in value?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
As younger generation's age l think it will be interesting to see if resto-mods come into there own on the Auction block.

There is only so many pre-seventies car out there. And after that l don't see alot of desirable cars so might just be resto-mods being the interest.

Canon_Mutant

Royal Smart Person
Aug 15, 2015
Yours for a mere . . . $350,000

Under the lights, this thing was gorgeous!

213350_Front_3-4_Web.jpg

• Agree

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Meh... you cannot buy integrity in this hobby.

Cheque Book Guy: Nice car.
Me: Thanks.
CBG: Who built it?
Me: Me.
CBG: Everything?
Me. Everything.
CBG: Oh... and ****s off

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
I started watching the auctions at 1st. I took away a different perspective than I'm seeing on here. I saw the cars I love being priced out of my reach. Years later it has proven true for only certain makes/models. Still plenty of nice cars at affordable prices.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor