Regular Car Reviews - 1984 Hurst Olds

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Sorry, Mike. Can't agree with your definition of a comedian. Azzholes target someone just to get a "reaction." Comedians target someone to get a laugh, trying to help them forget their real-world problems temporarily.

He's not very funny IMO, and I don't rate him up there very far as a comedian. Kinda like a Bill Maher type. They think they're funny, they call themselves a comedian (a CINO- Comedian in name only) but really they're just mostly abrasive. Abrasive ain't funny. Unless you're watching it happen to someone else on a show like Ridiculousness or Jacka$$.

Nobody needs to take any of this sh*t seriously. It shortens life spans.

The format that RCR uses literally qualifies as satire. In terms of gauging its success - 130K views in 2 days, a 99.985% approval rating, and a very favourable comment section says it is indeed effective by contemporary standards. If you find yourself the butt of the joke or identify with the things said and are offended: too bad. Most people have already moved on... but, they might recollect the video when they see your "reviewed" car at a car show. But, probably not.

I am willing to put money on him getting facts and stats wrong just to get a rise out of those people who take their cars too seriously.

Fuel on the fire:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
Just watched this Hurst Olds video and I wholeheartedly agree the guy is a tool. But the thing I found interesting about the video is that the filming locations are right in my neighborhood, not more than 20 miles from where I live. In fact I regularly drive past most of these locations on an almost daily basis.

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
he liked the gn
and its satire

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Most youtube reviewers are tools. They try poorly to emulate MST3K and end up snarky, they conduct little to no research, they use comedy as a shield to hide against criticisms, and they are too chicken $hit to ever go against internet groupthink least they risk losing views. Youtube ratings and comments are textbook self selection bias. In short, its all meaningless dribble.

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
The 'Regular' guys put out some good content on their documentary 'story' series.

From the histroy of the Isle of Man TT, the goofy Chrysler/Mercedes merger, Delorean and Mickey Thompson.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
It helps to understand that his reviews are essentially well laid out roasts of the vehicle in question and should be taken as such.

• Agree

LT1B-Body

Greasemonkey
Feb 25, 2021
Maricopa Arizona
I watched this one recently, and he wasn't as annoying in it.
But I don't know why he used the most beat up Cappy he could find for the video.

1 RARE T

Master Mechanic
Jul 14, 2015
I’d like to assault him with a hot poker in his bunghole.

• Wow
  • Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor