Relocating stock seats for added legroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So earlier this year I bought some stock power 60/40 Gbody seats for my Regal project that are brand new and have never been installed in a car and they came with new GM carpet and the rear seat covers.
After doing initial test fitting I found that the driver's power seat just did not go far enough back for me to be comfortable, I am thinking since these are the "Brougham Comfy Chair Seats" that with all the extra pillow padding that has never been sat on that it is probably making me sit higher and farther forward than some 30 years old worn out seats.
So anyways I made some brackets to set the seat back about 2.25" using 1/4" steel plate and then I welded in stainless 3/8" bolts to mount to the seat brackets and used the original hardware to mount the brackets to the floor.
You can hardly tell from looking at it with the seat installed but a huge difference in how I sit now.

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Sometimes the best solutions are the simple ones. The pillow-tops are quite the contrast with the 'take-no-prisoners' big-block. What are the odds they'd match your uphostery!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The Regal is just going to be a comfy cruiser with AC and overdrive two things I don't have in the Monte.
I will be building a mild 383 for it later but for now I am going to play with the 307 since it runs very well.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Very nice...and yeah you can tell those seats have never had an arse in them.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
What a great idea and solution. Thanks for sharing it. Sometimes I feel that my seat doesn't quite go back far enough. There's the answer I'm looking for.

Good score on the seats and carpet...

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Good score on the seats and carpet...
I paid $400 for everything which was both new power front seats (headrests were still in bags), the New GM carpet that still had plastic stapled to it, new matching back seat covers, a new headliner board, a few yards of matching material to do the door panels etc. and an extra driver's side bottom seat cover which the guy bought if he wanted to covert the passenger side to 40 style seat.
I could not pass it up since how often would you see 30 year old brand new, never installed factory interior.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I paid $400 for everything which was both new power front seats (headrests were still in bags), the New GM carpet that still had plastic stapled to it, new matching back seat covers, a new headliner board, a few yards of matching material to do the door panels etc. and an extra driver's side bottom seat cover which the guy bought if he wanted to covert the passenger side to 40 style seat.
I could not pass it up since how often would you see 30 year old brand new, never installed factory interior.
Wow! It was obviously a great buy for a complete interior. It was a "no brainer" to buy it.
...and yes, you'll be hard pressed to ever find something like that again. Good score! Glad you took advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor