Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
No one would come near!!
DSC_0557.JPG

Or..the caption should read, "That's it, no more potato salad leftovers".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I think that is more like puking all over the kid in front of you in line. Been there- done both! My '68 LeSabre liked to overheat too.

• Agree

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
  • Agree

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Bummer

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
I am 38 and still that kid.

Reactions: 1 users

mobileaudio25

G-Body Guru
Jan 12, 2012
columbus, ohio
I had an a**hole riding me on the freeway so when we got off at we were sitting at the stop light and I did a fat burnout and threw both of my belts. When I got home I finally realized and pulled into the driveway and my car looked like that. Felt like someone kicked me in the balls lol I really showed that guy ...

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
You need a serpentine swap!

• Agree

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
You need a serpentine swap!
So true, I've yet to throw a belt with my march kit! That's a long running joke with my friend and i....he was bustin my balls for spending what i did on my serp setup! Joke was on him when he was tossed his belt over the fender at the track (no hood on his 3rd gen camaro that night). As the belt went bouncing, he made it through the traps to see a stream of coolant behind him lol!

Track got shut down for cleaning, and he got banned from racing anymore that night! I proceeded to make several passes after that while he was in the pits trying to fix his car for the drive home!

Reactions: 3 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Had serp belts snap off just normal driving around and limp to repair shops without waterpump, alternator, and powersteering. Those belt tensors can fail without warning and take the belt with them, leading to a complete loss of all belt driven systems. V belts at least have some redundancy and usually do not have a complete loss of everything, serp belts when they fail cause catastrophic failure and rely on a cheap spring loaded plastic pulley with tiny bearings. Also had a serp belt tensor crush my finger once, really just do not like them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor