Remembering 9/11 21 years later

Status
Not open for further replies.

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I was at a SAR school, Dade County Florida in 92 I think. 3 of the guys in the class were NYFD assigned to Trade Towers Complex. I did some consulting, in 93 after the first attack that happened in the basement. I know seeing the towers go down in 2001, my fellow classmates were probably gone.
Four years later I was on my way to Afghanistan. Now it seems it's all forgotten.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I do agree with now it seems like its gone, but to be honest I put that as more to a reaction to our government. After 9/11 everyone had the US pride, Pat Tillman had so much that he quit making millions to go serve and put in the good fight. But our good old government had to try to hide a sad truth of war there is sometime some friendly fire mistakes, which in comparison to the rest of the lies involved with 9/11 let alone many other things in their control is a very tiny lie. Out of high school I had wanted to join the Marines to serve our country, but to be honest most days now I am sick to my stomach with what they are able to get away with since the majority of people are too focused on social media and other irrelevant things to realize a lot of our freedoms are being taken away. This is by no means a political statement because to me they are all guilty, but will say that we really need to start the government all over again with term limits and money out of politics. Then we can all get back to celebrating and standing for a great country

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

Reactions: 4 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
I do agree with now it seems like its gone, but to be honest I put that as more to a reaction to our government. After 9/11 everyone had the US pride, Pat Tillman had so much that he quit making millions to go serve and put in the good fight. But our good old government had to try to hide a sad truth of war there is sometime some friendly fire mistakes, which in comparison to the rest of the lies involved with 9/11 let alone many other things in their control is a very tiny lie. Out of high school I had wanted to join the Marines to serve our country, but to be honest most days now I am sick to my stomach with what they are able to get away with since the majority of people are too focused on social media and other irrelevant things to realize a lot of our freedoms are being taken away. This is by no means a political statement because to me they are all guilty, but will say that we really need to start the government all over again with term limits and money out of politics. Then we can all get back to celebrating and standing for a great country

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF
It will take all of us to correct the course of this slow erosion that has us where we are today.

I think it was Bagram that had the Tillman USO Club. I was there several times. As far as friendly fire, easy to do. I was fired on by a British unit... And of course that "didn't happen".

One late night I had what I thought were insurgents in my night vision scope when commo came across, it was a German contingent off their waypoint. They were about 600 meters off their designed patrol. And they were engaging a unit of ours. It was dark and mistakes happen. Fortunately the only thing that happened was ammo down range and next day, needed resupply. No body hurt. No harm no foul...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
As far as friendly fire, easy to do.
Very true. Towards the end of my first tour we were on the MSR on the north end of Tikrit dealing with what was claimed to be an IED with traffic stopped at both ends. Then next think I hear is some distintive zips coming from the fuel clip pushing the locals out of their way busting through our secured perimeter with 50's singing all the way past us.

Reactions: 3 users

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I feel like it's up to us to teach our kids love of country and our fellow citizens. I was in Jr high when 9/11 happened, most of us were kids who didn't fully comprehend wtf just happened. We were mad because our football game vs the across town rivals got canceled. Fast forward about 10 yrs, I'm in the Ironworkers union, we were gifted a column from the towers so we could build a monument downtown indianapolis. We topped(usually a pine tree or flag) every project at its highest point, but this 1 was different. This was a group of the most surly badass mfkers I've ever met and we were all balling our eyes out as we raised the flag atop that twisted column. Thanks go to all those that served and , The first responders of 9/11, who imo are the definition true America heroes. Now people standing on their shoulders decry how (insert meaningless trope) it is here. God bless you guys and God bless America.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor