Remflex Header Gaskets

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have used these for a few years. With the head change I bought another set. I ran the car for about 5 minutes total and I have to remove the header on one side. The gasket delaminated so I wasn't too happy, with tax they are about $40. I sent Remflex an email last night explaining what I had done and expressing my displeasure of having to spend another $40 after thinking the engine never warmed up so the gasket should be good to reuse. I got an email this morning saying they would warranty the gasket if I had my bill to show it was a purchase within the last 6 months. I was surprised cause I never asked for a warranty since it was my fault and there is nothing on the literature about being able to reuse the gasket. They do say that satisfaction guaranteed so they really stand behind their word, it really does help to buy US made products. The gasket set is on it's way so I'm happy....(y)
http://catalog.remflex.com/aboutus.asp

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
That's nice to hear a company standing behind its product.

20 years ago, I kept blowing the paper gaskets on the long tube headers on my 68 Cougar. I had read about copper gaskets so I went ahead and picked up a set. At the time they were right around the $40 you spent. I put them in and it cured the problem right away.

Fast forward five years from then and I disassembled the car for its latest rebuild. The car was apart for two years before going back together. I reused the same copper gaskets from before and they sealed right up with zero drama.

Fast forward to five years ago. I pulled the headers back off so I could wrap them in that titanium wrap that looks so industrial. Yep, I put them back on with the SAME copper gaskets. Still leak proof.

You better believe my wagon is getting copper gaskets next week when I pull the headers off that thing to do some maintenance.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I didnt use gaskets when I test fit the Schoenfelds on my 81. I bought a set of Remflex. Got the headers back from getting them coated, put them on with the gaskets and they hit. Had to run a set of thinner gaskets. Not sure how they'll holdup though. I was kinda pissed. I really wanted to use those Remflex.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have been using SCE copper embossed header gaskets for many years and reused many times and they don't blow out and I have never had a leak.
The embossed area also puts tension on the header bolts so they don't vibrate loose, never had a loose header bolt with a solid mounted BBC.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I have been using SCE copper embossed header gaskets for many years and reused many times and they don't blow out and I have never had a leak.
The embossed area also puts tension on the header bolts so they don't vibrate loose, never had a loose header bolt with a solid mounted BBC.

They look great, I like them and the Percy's cause you can reuse them and there is no cleanup to do when you remove the header. For the header bolts I use the proform wedge locking bolts and they do not loosen.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I always like to have a backup plan so I am looking at the SCE copper and Percy's header gaskets. I can't find either product in Canada and to by them from Jegs with the exchange, shipping and border charges the Percy's are $65 and the SCE are $70 and Amazon.ca isn't any cheaper. I'll have to make a note on checking for these header gaskets so I can snag them if they show up with a decent price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor