Removal of glove box cylinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

81v8gp

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2009
Does anyone know how to remove the glove box cylinder from the glove box? I tried for an hour last night. There is a small hole in the box insert and another hole in the cylinder and I thought maybe that is how it comes out.

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008
Very simple, requires ANY door key, doesn't have to be the correct key.
Tons of info online on how to do this, Google...
Insert key, press the top tab down on the lock cylinder through the little hole and the cylinder will slide right out.
If it's locked position, unbolt latch, rotate CCW 90*, slide in any door key and press tab.
Tab on the lock cylinder is always inline with key, the latch will have two holes for open and locked position to allow for the cylinder to be removed regardless of being locked or unlocked, you just need to make sure the glove box liner hole is lined up with the latch hole.
I usually just unbolt the latch and bend the line back slightly instead of messing with the tiny hole in the liner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

81v8gp

Apprentice
Sep 14, 2009
I'll give it another try, but that is pretty much what I was doing last night.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor