Removing A/C while retaining heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
I am not going to be reinstalling A/C in my Regal so I am removing the a/c components. I don't want to change HVAC boxes to a heat only box though. However to clean up the look of the engine bay, I want to remove the evaporator coil so there aren't just two lines coming out of the firewall to nowhere. If I remove the evaporator coil, and block of the hole where the lines came out, is any further action required? Or will my heat be on all the time if I leave it this way, do I need to make a block off panel or something to replace the evap core?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Will still work as it should. You'll still be able to have outside air flow thru when you use the A/C settings. I yanked my stuff out back in the '90's & used the A/C settings for fresh air going down the road.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
That's pretty much how my setup is now. But I will be hooking the A/C back up eventually. Nothing cooler than a hotrod with AC.

Nov 4, 2012
Will still work as it should. You'll still be able to have outside air flow thru when you use the A/C settings. I yanked my stuff out back in the '90's & used the A/C settings for fresh air going down the road.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor