removing ac

Status
Not open for further replies.

awdblazer

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2013
I want to remove the ac on my car (ttops) as it doesn't work and a co worker wants to buy it off of me
what do I all need from a donor car? hvac controls, what else?
how do I tension the non ac vbelt without the compressor?
thanks

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey. If you are removing everything, You,ll have to replace all you remove. As for the belt you'll need a smaller belt . Get one for your car with out A/C.

Doug

awdblazer

Master Mechanic
Dec 12, 2013
i couldn't tell but how do you tension the belt once the ac compressor is gone?
thanks

rustyroger

G-Body Guru
Mar 14, 2007
Margate, UK>
If you have a 307 or other sbo under your hood I suggest you get the brackets required to move the alternator to the passenger side.
The alternator belt is notorious for slipping without the a/c belt to help drive the water pump pulley. Moving the alternator over with its own crank pulley driven belt solves this problem.

Roger.

t01blaze

Master Mechanic
Oct 4, 2011
South New Jersey
I had a 305 years ago and removed the ac compressor. Either get a belt for a car without ac or use a piece of sting in the pulleys to get a measurement of belt length and go get a v belt that length.

Doug213xrj

Royal Smart Person
Dec 30, 2011
West Michigan
Hey. When I removed the A/C for a Heat only box I had to replace the glove box as the heat only box uses a smaller glove box. I use the original glove box door I only replaced the inside. dont for get the vent cables and panel from the donor car, Also the heat only control panel and cables.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor