Removing bugs from your car

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBreu

Royal Smart Person
Jul 15, 2008
Livonia, New York
Hi all,
It's a real pain in the a$$ to get all the dead bugs off the front of any car. As I was washing my car last night I was wondering what other members use to get the job done?

MrLightning

Master Mechanic
Sep 10, 2011
northeast,Ohio
simple green, spray it on and walk away for 10 mins, come back and the bugs turn to Goo!

online170

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2010
If i ever drive at night, i always swing by a gas station close to home before parking for the night. I use the squeegy to scrub down the front of the car, the bugs come right off and dont damage the paint. The car looks awful, but atleast the bugs dont stick.

Leave it in the sun without doing that for even one day, and you have a real mess on your hands.I went to walmart and got the Turtle Bug and Tar remover. It works quite well actually, but you basically have to do one bug at a time. I tried kinda spraying it everywhere and wiping in one motion, but it doesn't work so well. You need to do one bug at a time, and apply a bit of elbow grease.

As a preventative measure, if i know i'll be driving at night, i spray the front of my car with WD40 and wipe down with a WD40 soaked rag. It keeps them from really sticking, and makes cleaning later much easier.

My $.02.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
If I drive at nite I spray the front of the car and windshield with bug and mosquito repellent before I go out. ... 8)

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I clean the front of my cars with rainx and I notice if I use it all the time bugs seem to just kind of fall off the grille and lights instead of accumulating for weeks after that. I also use it on my front / back windows all the time so in the winter time the ice seems to fall off the back window much faster. The 'headlight restore' rainx that comes in a paste is really just the same chemical in a different format (found out when making it in a small manufacturing company a few yrs ago) . It is pretty good too and works better in some situations especially up north it would probably be better so it leaves more residue on the lenses. The headlight restore rainx is good b/c it can't freeze up in the car if you forget that its in your trunk* ! I decided not to use it on my rocket emblem tail lights in case it causes fading of the red dye however.

seawolf18

Master Mechanic
Jan 12, 2013
SE South Dakota
I have found that Windex works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor