Removing Dash bezel 1979 Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

bca1953

n00b
May 13, 2013
I am trying to install a new speedo cable. I have the dash bezel screws out..no rear defogger, and its hangin up on something on each side. I dont want to force it and break something..never had it off before. Please..any help out there?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
You said you have all the screws removed around the perimeter of the bezel? They do sometimes hang up, but don't force it.
I've had mine on and off more times than I can shake a stick at. Try jiggling it loose. It should come free.
Just make sure you didn't leave any stragglers. I'll go outside and take a looksee at mine again.
If I recall correctly, they do tend to hang up a bit on removal.

BTW, welcome to the forum. Why don't you tell us about your wagon. It appears to be done in sedan delivery style. It looks good in the Avatar. Post some pics of it as well...we love pics here.

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
You need to remove the lower dash column vent and reach up from behind and push the Speedo cable release clip before you can pull the cluster pod out.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
Did you take the two screws out on the face of the bezel? 4 on top 4 on the bottom and 2 on the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor