Removing Monte SS dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Is there a diagram showing where all of the mounting points are on a Monte dash, I am going to be removing the one in the 86' SS I bought earlier this year.

IMG_20200603_195232957 (1).jpg

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Its pretty simple. Theres two screws at each defroster slot on top. One on each side near the kick panel and one behind the radio area. Easy to find. Once the column, AC control and cluster are out it comes right out.

Reactions: 1 user

RabbitHoleSS

G-Body Guru
Dec 8, 2019
Indianapolis
I used this video. Its a 442 but basically the same. I think the monte has 1 extra bolt above the glove box behind the trim insert. Mine was extremely brittle. I crushed a hole in the side with my thumb on accident. It comes right out shouldnt have to pull to hard.

Reactions: 1 users

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
There is 4 on top and 3 on the bottom plus one above the steering collumn. Easiest to leave the wiring attached to the dash and unbolt at the fusebox, unhook the computer, shift indicator on collumn, speedometer cable and e brake lever and the dash will come out.

Reactions: 2 users

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
FYI, you can but the little clips that hold the harness to the back of the dash on ebay. You tape them onto the harness and they pop into holes on the back of the dash. I made the mistake of leaving the harness in the car and after I installed the dash I couldnt put the cluster in because I had the harness in the wrong place. It had to come back out. That was a DUH moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor