Removing road paint?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Anyone got any tips or tricks for removing the paint that is used for painting lines on roads from your car? I ended up going through some fresh road paint a couple of weeks ago, and I'm trying to figure out how to remove it. Thanks in advance.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Before trying lacquer thinner try lighter fluid or varsol or lacquer thinner mixed with varsol. Test inside the trunk lid to see if the paint softens.
Shave it off with a credit card. Try a razor blade with dulled corners to reduce the chance of digging into the paint. Whatever mechanical method you try use car wax as a surface lubricant. Use a hockey puck as a backer for 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper.
Line marking paint is tuff stuff.
Maybe a detailing shop might be able to remove splatters..

Youtube has some ideas but I'm not sure about the type of paint on the car.

Mr Clean pad (forgot the name) but they advertise the use for painted surfaces etc.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Mister Clean MagicEraser?!

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
Most of the highway paint is alcohol based. I've used denatured alcohol and lots of elbow grease to remove it from a few cars.
Just try it in a hidden place to be sure it does not attack the finish

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor