Removing Smog & EPA Controls off my Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaghetti166

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 20, 2013
Jacksonville, NC
I own a 1981 4 Door Chevy Malbu 229 V6 Vin K. Could anyone help me with a How-To on what and how to remove this stuff? NJ doesn't require inspections anymore for a car this old and I'm just trying to make it easier for me to work under the hood. Thanks and this community is awesome.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Not what you want to hear but don't do it man. It won't make it run better and will likely make it run worse.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
What Jared said.

The 81 will have a computer in it, it will suffer if you remove stuff it is looking for info from

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
No point. They don't hamper performance, makes the car run cleaner (if only marginally), and the computer will freak out. A lot of times it's more work than it's worth. Just replace any broken or worn parts and you're good to go. If it bugs you that much, save up for an engine swap. 229 ain't worth spit.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor