Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
And rear window as well. I've seen cheap tools on up to $$$
Any ideas what I should try ? Thinking about wire pulling type but many options out there
Thanks

superbon54

G-Body Guru
Apr 15, 2014
Wisco
I prefer the wire pulling tools over the hand pull blades. Take your time and avoid touching the glass with the tool as much as possible. A little oops will shatter the glass.

The specialized power tools that windshield installers are best if you can borrow one of those. Not worth the investment for a one time project.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hell yeah....do it the easy way. Then claim it on the insurance! :)

images

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I just use a good knife to cut the urethane but I might try this method next time. I just put my windshield in but it is not sitting flush with the body so I will be doing it again next spring.

Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
That’s a pretty good kit for the money. Wire is how I’ve always cut them out.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I've got the knife & wire in my tool stash plus the ol' Swiss Army Knife (Victorinox brand of course). All tempered glass has been removed with no issues, now windshields depend if I'm on the good side of the car gods or not.

Reactions: 2 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
A long knife is a good tool to get started with....or I suppose a sharpened putty knife . Between that and using a piece of piano wire with handles at both ends.
I totally dislike the pull handle deal. It's too easy to crack the windshield using that method. I tried removing a windshield at the junkyard once using that tool....it was a disaster.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor