Replaced rear springs and car now sits uneven

Status
Not open for further replies.

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
Pretty much as the title says, replaced rear springs and the drivers side sits about 1.5" higher. I thought I installed everything right, it was a pretty quick job and all. If I'm not mistaken there are no alignment pockets correct?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
After you double check and make sure everything is installed right if there is still a difference you can use one of these to bring the low side up.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/gls-1627

1539907404931.png

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
1.5"? that's a big difference,these rear springs are a slam dunk.switch them left to right see if you can replicate these results.if you can replicate the results,swap the original springs back in and see what's doing.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
thanks guys, you have mentioned everything i have already figured which is good. my plan tonight was to get it back on the lift and swap them side to side. i used napa single rate springs. i should also be seeing the fronts in a couple days.

BOXCARS

Master Mechanic
Apr 29, 2017
Once you change all the springs if you still are having this problem, get some air bags to even the ride height.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor