Replacement AC compressor for Harrison model 1131434 on 1985 Conquista

Status
Not open for further replies.

x75

Apprentice
Sep 23, 2018
My Conquista, with less tahn 90K miles, has good working original factory AC that was converted to R134 at some point in the past. Lately it has developed a slow leak that I traced to the compressor, using UV dye. The leak appears as a mist of fluid between the AC clutch and the pump. Also the compressor has a noticeable rattle when operating, a little too loud I think,

I hope I can get away with simply replacing the compressor and recharging the system, but the Harrison pump is labeled for R12, and the replacements I've seen are 134.

Lots of online vendors offer pumps they claim "fit" the Conquista but I am looking for a bolt-in that does not require replacing most of the rest of the system. Also the pumps from online vendors often have very low 1-star ratings with horror stories of bad quality, leaks, rattles and so on.

Any ideas?

455'ed80Regal

Master Mechanic
Nov 3, 2010
Lincoln, MO
Read this before buying a new rebuilt R4 compressor for your car.
Sanden makes these compressors with different clutch assemblies for ribbed and v-belts.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Read this before buying a new rebuilt R4 compressor for your car.
Sanden makes these compressors with different clutch assemblies for ribbed and v-belts.

Good info in there, thanks for posting it!

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thank you for sharing that information. That's certainly useful. I bought a new Delco R-4 compressor a few years back and looking back in retrospect I should've went with a Sanden unit and not wasted my money. If and when I convert over to a serpentine belt setup, I will most likely go that route.
Btw, Darby is also a member of this site as well...or he was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor