Replacement Condensor Arrived Am I Being Too Picky ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The first one was a lot worse so I contacted rockauto and they sent a replacement that was delivered today. Box was perfect. Opened it up and both of the edges look like this. Am I being too picky ? Should I use it or send them both back ?

Attachments

• IMG_0373.jpg
    IMG_0373.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    585.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    621.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0376.jpg
    IMG_0376.jpg
    517.7 KB · Views: 165

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
it's really your call,the fins that are bent are at the top/bottom of the first/last tube so i can't see it blocking much air flow.if it was in the middle than it would hamper the flow.i think people lose more flow by painting these things than you'd lose by using it as is. give it a good look over with a drop light just to make sure there's no tube damage.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Mich,
You would think they'd pack 'em better with more styrofoam on the edges, etc.
If I recall, mine arrived in decent shape. Perhaps it's whoever the shipper or sender is. If it was a few bent fins...no problem. But seeing it crushed like that would piss me off a little.
I think Chris is right, though. ^^ and we all know how particular you are. Notice I didn't say "anal". :giggle:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
those aren't bent fins, they are crushed and I would not accept it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I would return it. When I buy something "new", I expect it to be just that. If I knew I was buying a "blem", then I would expect it to have blemishes. As stated above, with this particular item, I would buy local, and inspect before the purchase.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
I would return it. When I buy something "new", I expect it to be just that. If I knew I was buying a "blem", then I would expect it to have blemishes. As stated above, with this particular item, I would buy local, and inspect before the purchase.

This is the second one. The first came in a box that was damaged and the fins looked just as bad. Over two weeks have gone by and I still have no condensor. Thats pissing me off the most.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
I’d consider buying elsewhere if i were you. I don’t have time to give a business a third chance to get something correct. I’d buy it from a local parts store (they’d have to order it) but that way you could check it out before you accept. No need to ship back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor