replacement control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
On those S10 lowers- Couldn't you just swap out the lower bushings with "g body" bushings and then bolt them on without ruining the bolt holes on the frame? I'd rather do that than be lazy and fugg up your frame just so you can use some aftermarket bushings.

Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
On those S10 lowers- Couldn't you just swap out the lower bushings with "g body" bushings and then bolt them on without ruining the bolt holes on the frame? I'd rather do that than be lazy and fugg up your frame just so you can use some aftermarket bushings.
You def could but it adds to the cost of the work. And if one has the means to swap the bushings, there's really no need to purchase new arms unless there's damage (rust/corrosion/physical).
The larger bolt = more strength though.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You def could but it adds to the cost of the work. And if one has the means to swap the bushings, there's really no need to purchase new arms unless there's damage (rust/corrosion/physical).
The larger bolt = more strength though.
If you're only paying $110 for a set of 4, you may want to swap out the bushings and ball joints for something of quality anyway. I wouldn't trust them.

scarborough

Master Mechanic
Sep 30, 2016
I've never heard of them. What did you end up buying?
i haven't purchase anything so far. i was just wondering if anyone has heard of this brand. trying to get all my parts together to have them ready for next spring. my intention is to have the front and rear spring replaced the person doing the job think i may have to replace the control arm (because of the bushing). and it might be a good ideal to have a set availble just in case. this is just a daily driver but I'm not trying to put junk parts on it. I no their are better aftermarket parts out there and (you get what you pay for). I don't mind paying for gm quality replacement parts if need be.

was just asking
thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor