Replacing factory wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
How is the wiring in theses cars? (85 Monte ss) my car is all apart so I’m thinking about painless harness. will be LS swap/ aftermarket gauges, etc. I rewired my 69 nova because OE had no much room which has a
LS swap

69bigblock

Apprentice
Sep 27, 2015
I rewired my nova with AAW and that kit was good.. just seeing if it worth rewiring these cars.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Well, that really depends on, well, everything. The only weak link is the aluminum, front to rear ribbon, and really it's not that bad. Unless your car is really butchered (i.e.- incomplete circuits, Scotchloks, and tape joints everywhere), the factory wiring is as good as any other GM product. You might get the 4 pin, high speed blower plug burned as well. That's not terrible, either.

Reactions: 1 user

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yup, these cars had quality copper wiring... if it ain't broke.

But, check the circuits for corrosion and high resistance from loose connections and err... corrosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor