Replacing Interior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I really want to replace my interior. I'd like to go from my stock dark blue to black. Were are the best places to buy carpet kits and door panels? Do they make every interior piece through aftermarket companies or will I have to die any of my existing stuff?

hobbes442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 1, 2007
mount vernon,in
interior 15u

is this interior color code? 15U?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Re: interior 15u

hobbes442 said:
is this interior color code? 15U?
This might seem like a stupid question but where is that listed on the vehicle? I know on new cars its on the driver's side door jam.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
The option codes are listed on the Service Parts Identification label. On 1981 and later G bodies it is typically under the trunk lid. I am not sure where it is on an El Camino, but remember hearing something about it being behind the seat. It is in the glove compartment in the S trucks, so maybe it's there?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Alright I'll take a look, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor