replacing stock front suspension 86 cutlass

Status
Not open for further replies.

amnima

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2008
The steering and front end suspension on the 86 cutlass need to be upgraded to keep up with the car. Just wondering what front suspensions/steering changes you guys have made

Lawfree

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 7, 2008
It is all going to depend on what you plan to do with the car and the size of your wallet. The front coil springs tend to sag with time and if you plan to go with wheels and tires bigger than the stock 14'' new HD springs are recommended. For my Cutlass I'm using new MOOG springs that are actually speced for a s10 truck as I plan on up-grading to 15" front wheels.
I would advise that you have the stock front end checked including the brakes to make sure the stock equipment is in good shape and safe.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
What do you plan to do? Drag race? Handling? street or race car? Engine/trans in the car?

dougfather

Master Mechanic
Jul 11, 2006
Altoona PA
I pretty much used whatever calls for an 87 Monte Carlo SS. They have a heavier suspension. I did an V6 to V8 swap, among other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor