Replacing the sweep speedometer

Billy1979malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2022
What are my options to replacing the sweep speedometer looking for round gauges. The easier the better and not digital ones. And place to buy. Any help would be greatly appreciated

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It is easy to do with the need to repin or (not my preferrd method) splice in the donor car's connector being the more technical task. Any good wiring diagram for your year will show where each wire needs to go in the connector. If your Malibu is a factory V8 all you need to do on the engine side is just swap senders. V6 cars would need a few extra steps cause of the choke & oil switch are tied into each other.

Reactions: 1 users

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Or you can spend some decent money and go with the dakota digital kit. When I finally get around to that I will be swapping my dash to the sweep style since I not longer use the idiot lights. Personally I like the look of the sweep style better when going to the dakota digital gauges

resources (14).jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor