Reproduction door bottoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bludacious

Apprentice
Jan 2, 2018
After a long and tedious search to find just the lower inside patch for my door shells, I've come across some from Sherman and Replace respectively and want to know if anyone has had any experience on which brand has better fitment. They are going on an '85 Monte to fix my otherwise solid original doors.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
The Goodmark inner bottoms look the best to me. The Sherman outers are also pictured.
IMG_2121.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG

Reactions: 1 user

jlcustomz

G-Body Guru
Nov 22, 2011
Was just googling about sherman, goodmark , etc checking on some 69 charger rear quarter panels I maysplice into my el camino quarter panels.
The general comments are that even the more expensive auto direct parts need some massaging to make work.
Sherman is thought to be made at the same place in Tiawan as goodmark, though most find Sherman to be worse on average. As typical with overseas parts, some are simply worse than others, particularly from different production runs.

All that being said, at least it gives us a choice other than trying to completely hand make everything ourself & or have to patch a panel to death.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
After a long and tedious search to find just the lower inside patch for my door shells, I've come across some from Sherman and Replace respectively and want to know if anyone has had any experience on which brand has better fitment. They are going on an '85 Monte to fix my otherwise solid original doors.
I got the inner bottoms to use on a Malibu door, had to modify the upper section at the rear of the door to match the original shell. Not sure about the Monte shell but the patch panels I got said they were for Cutlass and Regal.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
I can't comment on the quality of the different parts, but I think AMD is run by people that used to work for Goodmark, and you can't go wrong with either, for the price.

I met Mark Headrick who started Goodmark back when he sold insurance and restored Hemicuda's for fun and bought my '71 'cuda convert from him. Super Nice guy. I remember the Gray Brothers, that I have seen on TV for AMD, used to work for Mark and it would be just like them to go off on their own. The Grays are not who I would describe as people people, but they were sticklers for quality, that is for sure.

The Gray Bros judged an AMC national event back in the 1980's and basically NOBODY got a trophy because nothing met their standards.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Nov 4, 2012
I've had my car since 2012, and the body work was finished by 2015. I'm wondering if/by how much I missed them. Now I feel guilty for scrapping my old doors, oh well. Still $180 for the pair seems a bit high. I bought both complete, straight, rust-free doors for $400.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor