Reproduction GNX Rea

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
you need
#6876 GNX Reproduction Suspension system complete with all the correct hardware, directions and parts. $1995.00 plus $30.00 shipping in continental 48 states.

#6893 GNX Suspension Fixture $500.00 (refundable when you return it) Only required if you are getting the project done on your own and not through our company or the company we recommend. This fixture is needed to position the brackets prior to welding them to your frame.

plus the labor to do the install or drive to PA and leave them the car, I dunno that's a tad rich IMHO

hybrid_malibu

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 7, 2006
Big Spring, Texas
Very expensive I agree, but still cool. I couldn't afford it but if I could, I'd have it. Until I found that site, I had no idea that GM went to such lengths in the engineering phase of this package. I can attest to the fact that the 8.5" rear are very tough. I could only imagine what it would be like to hook up in one with that suspension package.

mrapii

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Waipahu, HI
Probably not worth the money or effort. You can get 9/10ths of the way there with mods to the stock control arm suspension-boxed/adjustable upper and lower control arms with poly bushings, good shocks, lowering springs and bigger wheels/tires. Just my opinion.

mayorjesse

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 11, 2005
San Francisco, CA
What would be a good set up for shocks/springs to get a nice stance and also improve handling like this one, but the more budget conscious route? I got a stock 83 cutlass in dire need of shocks, and i want to improve the handling and stance without going too crazy (though once I get going I tend to go all out). My goal is to get the handling down (right now I'm floating on springs) and I don't know where to start. any suggestions greatly appreciated. thanks.

Renthorin

Greasemonkey
Jan 5, 2006
Michigan
The GNX suspension is nice but spend money on some drag radials instead :)

As for better suspension parts it would depend on how worn out your springs are. If they are tired...start there. Springs are cheap. Rear springs are a breeze to put in.

You could upgrade sway bars to. They make some large applications for the back and front.

Poly bushings on the front bar help a lot too.

There are also frame, rear seat, and underhood braces you can add to tighten things up.

Replacing body bushings helps a lot too but can be a pain to do.

85_SS

G-Body Guru
Nov 6, 2005
Ontario, Canada
hybrid_malibu said:
...I had no idea that GM went to such lengths in the engineering phase of this package. ..

They didn't - ASC did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor