Requirements For Installing a BBody 10 Bolt Into a GBody

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP-LT1

n00b
Jan 25, 2020
Long Island, NY
Hey guys noob here with a probably noob question. I have a low mileage 95 9C1 Caprice that I want to transplant the majority of into an 84 Cutlass Supreme Brougham. The engine transmission radiator fans and ecm are easy enough. My question lies in getting the disc brake 10 bolt posi rear under this body. I know about some custom upper control arms that are available what else would be required and what is the width difference? Is this a viable swap and worth the effort? Could I use the 5 on 5 front rotors on the stock spindles? Thanks in advance.

MC96

Master Mechanic
Dec 7, 2015
They are way wider. Bushings are not the same.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
you can also swap over the larger (than stock) 9c1 front brakes and keep the rims or go with impala ss 17" wheels.

fyi, radiator is too wide to fit between the frame rails. there for the fans won't fit. but a lt1 camaro radiator and fans fit and hook up the 9c1 wiring.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the Safari/Astro 4x4 has 5x5 rotors that you can use on the G body stock spindle

Reactions: 2 users

GP-LT1

n00b
Jan 25, 2020
Long Island, NY
Is it possible to use the mounting brackets and disc brakes from the 8.5 10 bolt on the stock 7.5? I know I'd have to change the rotors. I guess they'd swap with an fbody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor