Retro sound 1.5 din.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
What is everyone's opinion on these head units? I'm about to the pull the trigger one and new speakers from crutchfield.. Just thought I get some feedback from folks who have already installed one.

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
I had one in one of my Abody 442 with an amp, it was a two shaft radio. I didn't like the quality of the sound it was horrible and I had Boston Acoustic pro speakers and Amp. I threw back in my JVC radio and was much happier. If you like quality sound music don't buy it.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Thanks for input. Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for another factory radio...

84 W40

G-Body Guru
Dec 9, 2009
20180411_203340.jpg
I had removed my stock radio in the Hurst. There was nothing wrong with it I didn't want to deal with a box of cassettes. Replaced it with a JVC unit, large touch screen, tilts at different angles and detachable. Very happy with it.

Reactions: 1 user

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Thanks for input. Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for another factory radio...
A newer Delco radio could be a decent option, depending on what features you are wanting vs. how stock you want it to look.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
I had a Retro Sound USA head unit for a while. My only complaints were no CD capabilities and my car(solid engine mounts and solid body mounts) vibrated enough to slowly turn the knobs.

For a period correct looking restoration I would consider it again but for practicality I would look elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 user

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
I had a Retro Sound USA head unit for a while. My only complaints were no CD capabilities and my car(solid engine mounts and solid body mounts) vibrated enough to slowly turn the knobs.

For a period correct looking restoration I would consider it again but for practicality I would look elsewhere.

Having the cd option isnt a deal breaker for me, as I use my phone for music anyways so blue tooth or a aux/usb port is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor