Revisiting a past headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally today I got some surprising news, I have a tailpipe waiting to ship from Pypes. Got a voicemail from the guy I've been dealing with for the past three & a half years (sounding hesitant since he knows I'm not a happy camper on how this has been going to fix the issue) asking if I still wanted the new pipe as they finally got the corrected tailpipes in. Called him back (shocking him since I did sound pleasant unlike our last phone call) to let him know I do. So now wait for it to come in & toss it on to see if it's a fix or a bust. Hope after it being over thre & a half years since this headache started this is the end of it.

• Optimistic
  • Winner
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally got the shipping info, should be on a UPS truck heading to my half of the state tomorrow.

Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Got it today while I was at work. Checked it out when I got home & now gotta make time to swap out the pipes to ensure it fits correctly.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Finally, I can stick a fork in it & call it done.
Party Celebrate GIF by Minions

Got the pipe on this afternoon & it was a quick & easy replacement. Fits like it should with the hoop over the axle being bigger than the junk pipe & driver's side but clears everything as it should. Both tail pipes now nearly mirror each other & stick past the bumper bar about the same amount.
DSCN4202.JPG
DSCN4203.JPG

Now I can close this out & hope the next headache won't last as long.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Awesomesauce!
Sucks that it took that long to rectify, but at least they finally made it right with you in the end. Any idea if this was a one-off special piece just to shut you up, or if they’re going to be putting these in all the kits moving forward now?

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
When they called to inform me the pipe was in it was brought up there was a few of us that were to get the replacement pipe with the rest going to the kits in the warehouse.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor