Revisiting a past headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Right? Im missing something as well? They are giving you the run around, Im not hearing a solid solution to your problem, just a bunch of their problems.. No one cares if the kits with cats are slow movers again their problem. Id raise some more hell in this position. We are sorry and we have ordered the right kit for you and it is shipping is all id want to hear.
This was an issue from 2018 when I tried to install the kit as covered in the thread link in the first posting of this thread. We did go back & forth with calls & emails after it was found out from a second kit Summit sent me to show there was an issue with that particular pipe in both kits. They had me send both right tails to see that besides those two they had all the kits at the warehouse having the same bad pipe with a varing degree of bad bends. They sent the two best back to me, Summit got the second lit back. Afterwards trying & more back & forth on what to do I got fustrated after them telling me to have a shop rebend it which crushed it. Then had a new section made to correct & replace the crushed section just to find out the rest of the bends had issues. I said the hell with it, quit communicating cause of how pissed I was & spent more money on a Jegs stainless kit. Now they say they have it fixed but never got back to me about it. Now it's a waiting game to if/when/how long it'll be before I can say problem fixed or more scrape for the next junk run.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
It would be nice if they scrap the bad ones and order the revised replacements and then send you one.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It would be nice if they scrap the bad ones and order the revised replacements and then send you one.
From what I got in the email they have that as a plan but not sure when they'll get them in from the supplier. I got another email today after asking what I'll need to do from my end & if they had they had a rough idea on the time frame. They told me to keep checking in on a regular basis & when they get them in I'll just need to exchange the junk one for what should be a good one. Now a waiting game to see how this works out.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
They out sourced it, not sure if any where here in Pa, the US or that dreaded "C" country in Asia. From how I saw the cut & weld work on the X-pipe my money is on the "C".

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Did my monthly check in yesterday & got wjat could be good news. They claim is the new tail pipes are expected to be in between the end of January & mid February. So I'm supose to email them again in January to get the ball rolling to get the new tail pipe shipped. Lets see what happens in three months.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Checked in to see if there was any updates & nothing. Back to the waiting game till next month.
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Jim Rockford

Master Mechanic
Nov 10, 2007
Shelby,N.C.
Welcome to the world of globalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor